Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tullibardine Update

My recent trip trip to Edinburgh turned up some more information the Tullibardine 1488 Whisky Ale I posted about a while back. From chatting from a whisky tour guide and reading some information I brought back, I have discovered that there was a brewery on the site of the distillery around 500 years ago. Nowadays it is considered a very progressive distillery offering interesting finishes to its whiskies by placing the spirit in unusual casks for a period before bottling and their whisky cask aged beer seems to be part of this progressive attitude.

To set The Beer Nut's mind at ease I can inform him that the beer is brewed in Blackford, Perthshire though why this can't be added to the bottle instead of a rather barren looking postcode is beyond me.

No comments: